This is an early beta version that’s still a work in progress. We hope to develop and refine the contents going forward. In the meantime, we’re making it fully available to the public as-is. Started by the Jefferson County Historical Commission in the 1990s, it was transferred to the Golden History Museum-City of Golden in 2020.
|Quad||Fort Logan, 1965 (1994)|
|Section||S35, T3S, R69W|
|Source||Tautfest, T.L., "Edgewater 50 Years Golden Anniversary," p. 23.|
|History||The original names of the streets have been named after the Presidents of the United States, with the exception of Calhoun Street. These names existed up until time of incorporation. The original names of the streets were Adams, Jefferson, Madison, Monroe, Jackson, Van Buren, Calhoun, Harrison, Tyler, Polk, Taylor, Fillmore, Pierce, Lincoln, Grant, and Garfield. They were renamed Amers, Benton, Chase, Depew, Eaton, Fenton, Gray, Harlan, Ingalls, Jay, Kendall, Lamar, Marshall, Newland, Otis, and Pierce. On March 24, 1906, Denver renamed the East and West Avenues to coincide with Denver, and also, to establish a numbering system for streets and avenues. West 20th Avenue was known as Edgewater Boulevard, West 22nd and West 24th Avenues had no name, West 25th Avenue was known as Emerald, West 26th Avenue as Highlands Avenue.|