This is an early beta version that’s still a work in progress. We hope to develop and refine the contents going forward. In the meantime, we’re making it fully available to the public as-is. Started by the Jefferson County Historical Commission in the 1990s, it was transferred to the Golden History Museum-City of Golden in 2020.
|Address||2401 Sheridan Boulevard Edgewater, Colorado 80214|
|Quad||Fort Logan, 1965 (1994)|
|Section||S35, T3S, R69W|
|Source||Tautfest, T.L., "Edgewater 50 Years, Golden Anniversary," p. 37. Allison, Judith, "Edgewater Four Score," pp. 26 and 55. Interview, Marie Fox, Edgewater Redevelopment Authority, 1997.|
|History||Meetings were held in private homes until the Town Hall was built, December 7, 1905. The Town Hall was a former Baptist Church located at 25th and Gray. In 1940, the town hall was renovated with WPA funds. The hall consisted of offices, street work shops, library and council chambers. It was remodeled again in 1955. The Edgewater Redevelopment Authority passed a resolution July 27, 1992 to purchase the present town hall municiple building. The building in which the Edgewater Town Hall is located was once the American Office Equipment Building. This building was purchased by the Edgewater Redevelopment Authority for $350,000 and $70,000 was provided for renovation of the interior. The Edgewater Redevelopment Authority also provided funding for improvements in landscaping, parking lots and certain building repairs.|