This is an early beta version that’s still a work in progress. We hope to develop and refine the contents going forward. In the meantime, we’re making it fully available to the public as-is. Started by the Jefferson County Historical Commission in the 1990s, it was transferred to the Golden History Museum-City of Golden in 2020.
|Address||2497 Fenton St. Edgewater Colorado 80214|
|Quad||Fort Logan, 1965 (1994)|
|Section||S36, T3S, R69W|
|Source||Edgewater Methodist Church, "A 100 Years of Faith and Spirit."|
|History||In 1885 Sunday school classes were established in the home of W.F. Ricker at 25th and Benton. In 1898 the church was housed in a tent on Chase Street (now 2529 Chase). The tent was replaced with a wooden building located at West 26th Avenue and Depew Street. In 1902 the church built a new structure there. Plans for a new building on the Will Jacobs property were drawn in 1920. This is the site for the present church at 2497 Fenton Street. Plans for the current building were developed in 1955. It was built in 3 phases with the educational wing completed in 1957. The balance of construction was completed in 1965. The mortgage for the present building was burned in January 1980. In 1985, the 100 year centennial was celebrated.|