This is an early beta version that’s still a work in progress. We hope to develop and refine the contents going forward. In the meantime, we’re making it fully available to the public as-is. Started by the Jefferson County Historical Commission in the 1990s, it was transferred to the Golden History Museum-City of Golden in 2020.
|Address||On Hwy. 285, N.E. of Shaffer's Crossing, 2 mi. S.W. of Conifer|
|Quad||Pine, 1965 (1985)|
|Section||S28, T6S, R71W|
|Source||Bentley, "The Upper Side of the Pie Crust"; Landmark 8/2/2004 e. Interview, Dave Long, Long's Brothers Garage.|
|Other||Original Elk Creek Fire House|
|History||The Fire District was formed in 1948 with one piece of equipment. A fire house was built in 1951 and in 1963. Another was located at the crest of Richmond Hill off Highway #285. At the present time, there are four Fire Stations: Richmond Hill St. #1, Pine Junction #2, Conifer Mt. #5, and Aspen #4. Landmark designation 8/2/2004 as "Original Elk Creek Fire House."|