This is an early beta version that’s still a work in progress. We hope to develop and refine the contents going forward. In the meantime, we’re making it fully available to the public as-is. Started by the Jefferson County Historical Commission in the 1990s, it was transferred to the Golden History Museum-City of Golden in 2020.
|Address||Between Evergreen and Bergen Park|
|Quad||Evergreen, 1965 (1979)|
|Section||S29, 30, 31, 32, T4S, R71W|
|Source||Interview, Lyn Wodell, Manager of Acquisitions, Jefferson County Open Space Department, November 1996.|
|History||It is a Jefferson County Open Space Park of 1295 acres acquired in 1977. It is bordered on the north by the 236 acres of Noble Meadow, acquired by the Jefferson County Open Space Department in 1995 as a Conservation Easement. The park features parking facilities, trails, restrooms, picnic facilities cooking grills, and abundant wildlife. Named for elk that frequent the meadows.|