This is an early beta version that’s still a work in progress. We hope to develop and refine the contents going forward. In the meantime, we’re making it fully available to the public as-is. Started by the Jefferson County Historical Commission in the 1990s, it was transferred to the Golden History Museum-City of Golden in 2020.
|Quad||Evergreen, 1965 (1979)|
|Section||S20, T4S, R71W|
|Source||Hamilton, "Our Memories of Bergen Park," p. 9.|
|History||Early name for the area that was later called Bergen Park after the arrival of first white settler Thomas C. Bergen in 1859. Named for the elk herd that used it as a favorite wintering area.|