This is an early beta version that’s still a work in progress. We hope to develop and refine the contents going forward. In the meantime, we’re making it fully available to the public as-is. Started by the Jefferson County Historical Commission in the 1990s, it was transferred to the Golden History Museum-City of Golden in 2020.
|Address||7180 W. 35th Ave., Wheat Ridge, 80033|
|Quad||Arvada, 1965 (1980)|
|Section||S26, T3S, R69W|
|Source||Wheat Ridge Historical Committee, 1976, "Biographical Sketches Early Settlers of Wheat Ridge," p. 11; Wheat Ridge Historical Committee, City of Wheat Ridge, 1971, "History of Pioneer Wheat Ridge," pp. 7-10; "Historically Jeffco," Summer 1992, pp. 2-4.|
|Seealso||Wheat Ridge School District #8.|
|History||The Martin Everett House was built on the Everett Homestead, 160 acres extending from 32nd Avenue to 38th Avenue, Wadsworth Boulevard east to Henderson Street (Pierce). On May 16, 1867 this house was the site of the meeting called by Mr. Everett to organize the Wheat Ridge School District #8. The first school at 32nd Avenue and Wadsworth was on his property and called the Everett School, as was the second school at 38th Avenue and Teller Street. Everett Middle School at 39th Avenue and Kipling was also named in his honor. He helped organize the Wheat Ridge Methodist Church and Ceres Grange, Patron of Husbandry, #1, the first grange in Colorado. He was a Colorado legislator in 1875-76 when the Constitutional Convention was held.|