This is an early beta version that’s still a work in progress. We hope to develop and refine the contents going forward. In the meantime, we’re making it fully available to the public as-is. Started by the Jefferson County Historical Commission in the 1990s, it was transferred to the Golden History Museum-City of Golden in 2020.
|Address||Hwy. 73 at Little Cub Creek, Evergreen 80439|
|Quad||Evergreen, 1965 (1979)|
|Section||S10, T5S, R71W|
|Source||Granzella, "A Century of Jefferson County Mountain Area Schools".|
|Other||Evergreen Baptist Church|
|History||The second school building in the Evergreen area, after the Buffalo Park School, was the frame structure on Highway 73 about one-quarter mile south of Main Street. Built in the late 1800s it served as a school until 1923 when the third school was completed. The second building was then used for many years by the Christian Church, and in 1996 housed the Evergreen Baptist Church.|