This is an early beta version that’s still a work in progress. We hope to develop and refine the contents going forward. In the meantime, we’re making it fully available to the public as-is. Started by the Jefferson County Historical Commission in the 1990s, it was transferred to the Golden History Museum-City of Golden in 2020.
|Address||Hwy. 73 at Buffalo Park Rd., Evergreen 80439|
|Quad||Evergreen, 1965 (1979)|
|Section||S10, T5S, R71W|
|Source||Granzella, "A Century of Jefferson County Mountain Area Schools".|
|History||Evergreen's third school, a red brick two-story structure, was built in 1922-1923 when District 30 became C2, the second consolidation in Jefferson County. It housed both elementary and high school students. In 1936 wings were added to each end by the Depression era Works Progress Administration (WPA). In 1944, a separate white masonry building was erected nearby for the high school. In 1991, both buildings were razed for construction of a new Evergreen Library.|