This is an early beta version that’s still a work in progress. We hope to develop and refine the contents going forward. In the meantime, we’re making it fully available to the public as-is. Started by the Jefferson County Historical Commission in the 1990s, it was transferred to the Golden History Museum-City of Golden in 2020.
|Address||1116 Washington St., Golden 80401|
|Quad||Golden, 1965 (1994)|
|Section||S27, T3S, R70W|
|Source||Jefferson County Assessor Records; Sanborn Insurance Maps 1886-1906; Whiteacre, Christine, "1989 Survey of Historic Buildings in Downtown Golden," p. 26.; Norman, Cathleen, "Golden Old & New," p. 24.|
|History||Built 1940 (est), 20th Century Commercial. This is a two-story blond brick building with red brick trim. It has three rectangular sixteen-inch light windows on the second floor with brick sills. The first store front had large display windows and a covered walkway. An earlier building on this site had a dress making business on the second floor. Fair 5 & 10 advertised that it had the best goods for the least amount of money. They sold "... millinery, notions, ladies', gents', and children's underwear, ladies', gents', and children's shoes." This building was a National Register Nomination for Washington Avenue commercial district in 1978.|