Falkan Hill Mine

AddressThree mile southeast of Morrison
QuadMorrison, 1965 (1994)
SourceBureau of Mines Imp. Report, 3/14/1955, Colorado Department of Natural Resources
Initialdate1998-08-21 00:00:00-06
Latestdate2012-11-28 00:00:00-07
HistoryCore drilling underground uranium mine owned by Stanley Strauss and operated by Four Corner Uranium Co. Exploratory mine contacting ore ten feet below surface. Old clay tunnel was to be used if sufficient ore found; not possible to determine extent of deposit in 1955. Expect drilling to continue next three months, work start 3/1/1955, five employees.