Fenders


AddressDeer Creek Rd. & S. Turkey Creek Rd.
QuadIndian Hills, 1965 (1980)
SectionS34, T5S, R70W10
Elevation7042
SourceMoynihan and Walters, "Mountain Memories," pp. 37-40.
Initialdate1994-05-09 00:00:00-06
PersonJCG
Latestdate1994-11-07 00:00:00-07
Person2SJC
HistoryThe Fenders, Loren and Thalia, came to Indian Hills in 1925. They bought a piece of land near Deer Creek Road. They built a small garage, then two larger ones two years later. In 1937 Loren was instrumental in getting electricity to the area. In 1954 the Inner-Canyon Volunteer Fire Department was organized.
Active1
LifecyclestatusActive