Fillius Park


Address1/2 mi. N.E. of Bergen Park on Colo. Hwy. 74.
QuadEvergreen, 1965 (1979)
SectionS17, T4S, R71W
Elevation7900
SourceSternberg, "Evergreen Our Mountain Community," p. 104; Colorado Historical Society, "Directory of State Register Properties," 5JF976, p. 96.
Initialdate1992-04-01 00:00:00-07
PersonNFM
Latestdate1998-12-01 00:00:00-07
Person2KER
HistoryThe first parcel of land for Fillius Park came as a donation to Denver in by Evergreen cattle rancher J.J. Clark in 1918. with additional land later obtained through condemnation. A popular park, it has playgrounds, picnic tables, fireplaces, plus a pump house and a shelter house designed by Denver architect J.J. Benedict. The park was named for Jacob Fillius, an early Denver Parks board member. The park was listed on the National Register of Historic Places (5JF976) on February 24, 1995.
Active1
LifecyclestatusActive