First Fire Station in Lakewood


Address6900 W. Colfax Ave., Lakewood, 80215
QuadFort Logan, 1965
SectionS35, T4S, R69W
Elevation5413
Source"76 Centennial Stories of Lakewood".
Initialdate1993-07-29 00:00:00-06
PersonBIP
Latestdate2012-11-28 00:00:00-07
Person2REL
HistoryThe Grange building burned in 1927, so the city officials decided they needed a fire station to fill in with fire equipment at the Federal Center. Andrew E. Johnson served as first department's chief from 1937-1952. Building built in 1939.
Active1
LifecyclestatusActive