Flying G Girl Scout Ranch


Address6 mi. off Cty. Rd. 126 between Buffalo Creek & Deckers
QuadCheesman Lake, 1956 (1984)
SectionS28, T9S, R71W
Elevation7825
SourceBentley, "The Upper Side of the Pie Crust," pp. 281-282.
OtherRunner Ranch
Initialdate1992-04-14 00:00:00-06
PersonDWL
Latestdate1996-02-01 00:00:00-07
Person2DWL
HistoryThe Girl Scout Mile-Hi Council acquired the ranch in 1945. The southern portion was originally the Runner Ranch and dates from the 1880s. The upper, or north, portion was homesteaded by Louis Busher, the first forest ranger in that part of Pike National Forest. The property changed hands many times before the Girl Scout Council acquired it. The Homestead House (of the Runner family) and a barn are on the National Register of Historic Places. The origin of the "Flying G' name is unknown.
Active1
LifecyclestatusActive