Ford’s Tent


Address12th & Ford St., Golden, 80401
QuadGolden, 1965 (1994)
SectionS34, T3S, R70W
Elevation5600
SourceFanning, "For the Golden Times," p. 20; "The Golden Transcript," July 12, 1984, p. 6.
SeealsoFord Street.
Initialdate1993-11-17 00:00:00-07
PersonDLP
Latestdate1994-07-27 00:00:00-06
Person2Keek
HistoryEdward Chase Ford and Edward McClintock Ford, brothers, established a gambling tent in June of 1859 near the present day intersection of Ford Street and 12th in Golden. The tent was used as a church by the Methodists on Sundays prior to 1868. Ford Street was named for the brothers and their original gambling establishment.
Active1
LifecyclestatusActive