|History||In the 1940s, a Mother's Club sponsored a library service for the Fruitdale Community. It was located in the "backstage area" of the school auditorium. It was open once a week. Books were furnished by the Colorado State Library and were delivered in large locker trunks. These were replaced once a month with different selections.
In 1950, after R-1, the library was moved into the former custodian residence on the campus and the Jefferson County Library District was established. This unit became part of the County facility.
Bonnie Bonham, an active, civic minded woman was honored by the Library being named the Bonnie Bonham Library.|