Garrison Street Station

AddressCorner of Alameda and Garrison
QuadFort Logan, 1965 (1994)
SectionS10, T4S, R69W
Source“Lakewood-Colorado An Illustrated Biography,” Patricia Wilcox 1994
Initialdate1999-03-31 00:00:00-07
Latestdate2012-12-03 00:00:00-07
HistoryIn 1938 this was the site it a Texaco station operated by Charles W. Schultz. The business became "the shanty" in 1942, operated by Al Linke who also owned Linke Hardware in the later to be Lakewood area. In 1943 the name of Smith Road was changed to Garrison Street. During the war, the business was known as a "road house," receiving a lot of business from the Remington Arms Manufacturing Plant at the Federal Center. The "Monvue Tavern-Dancing and Mixed Drinks" was the next name change, with Al Luino shown as the proprietor in 1945. In April 1978 the name was changed to the current name, Garrison Street Station by present day owners Don and Carolyn McEndaffer.