Glory of God Lutheran Church

Address12200 W. 38th Ave., Wheat Ridge, 80033
QuadGolden, 1965 (1994)
SectionS29, T3S, R69W
SourceInterview, Rev. Walker, 1991; "A Brief History of Glory of God Lutheran Church".
Initialdate1994-05-10 00:00:00-06
Latestdate1995-04-27 00:00:00-06
HistoryThis church has a complex background. A chronological outline follows: 1953 - St. Timothy's was organized; it was the first in Colorado District Lutheran Church, Missouri Synod to leave the Synod and join AELC. The church site was 4A southwest corner of 32nd Avenue and Youngfield. 1963 - St. Mark's LCA was organized at 12200 West 38th Avenue. 1976 - Agape withdrew from Bethlehem Lutheran, Missouri Synod, and met in St. Timothy's church. 1979 - "after living together in the same building" the two merged and became Gloria Dei. 1980 - Gloria Dei and St. Mark's merged and became Gloria Dei - St. Mark's met at 12200 West 38th Avenue. 1982 - Changed its name to Glory of God Lutheran. 1988 - Constitution of Glory of God accepted.