Golden and Ralston Railroad

AddressThe section of Colorado Central Railroad connection, near Dry Creek (now Van Bibber Creek) to Murphy Coal Mine.
QuadGolden, 1944
SectionS9, T3S, R70W; S33, T2S, R70W
SourceWilkins, "Colorado Railroads," pp. 23,34; LaMassena, "Colorado's Mountain Railroads," p.239
OtherKnox Railroad
Initialdate1997-10-10 00:00:00-06
Latestdate2012-12-03 00:00:00-07
HistoryThis railroad used narrow gauge tracks of the Colorado Central Railroad, but added a third rail for accommodation of larger equipment. This portion of Colorado Central was opened and incorporated in March, 1878 as the Golden and Ralston Railroad to accommodate the owners of the coal mine at Tindale. The entire line from the Colorado Central connection to Murphy Coal Mine was abandoned in 1880.