Gotchalk Bakery


Address503 & 505 Bear Creek Ave., Morrison, 80465
QuadMorrison, 1965 (1980)
SectionS35, T4S, R70W
Elevation5755
SourceMorrison Historical Guide - research by Lorene Horton, 1975.
Initialdate1996-01-03 00:00:00-07
PersonLLH
HistoryBuilt ca. 1885. The site of the Morrison Stone, Lime, & Town Company. The kiln (built ca. 1878) made the mortar that was used in many of the houses that still stand today. Jonas Henry Schrock was believed to have had a saloon in this building. The Gotchalks started their bakery downstairs and lived in the one-and-a-half story rear apartment in 1889. Later, this building was used as the Morrison Post Office. At the present time it is a liquor store.
Active1
LifecyclestatusActive