Graves Farm


Address5478 Marshall St., Arvada, 80003
QuadArvada, 1950
SectionS13, T3S, R69W
Elevationc. 5300
SourceBromwell, "History of Colorado," Vol IV, pp. 327, 328; Arvada Historical Society,Graves, "Waters of Gold," pp. 29-31; Jefferson County Record Book B, p. 214.
Initialdate1994-09-11 00:00:00-06
PersonMRL
Latestdate1995-10-10 00:00:00-06
Person2MRL
HistoryOliver Graves was a Fifty-niner, who came from Illinois to Spring Gulch, Colorado to mine for gold. He bought the Golden Gate Toll Road, but sold it when he moved to Arvada in 1862. He and his wife, Lucy (Story) Graves purchased 160 acres and built their home on what became known as Graves Avenue. This lovely home has since been demolished. Oliver's son, William Graves, built a blacksmith shop on the northeast corner of Wadsworth and Grandview Avenues. By 1916, A.L. Davis bought the site for Dodge Brothers and Chevrolet cars.
Active1
LifecyclestatusActive