Gregory Street


Address5th St., Golden 80401
QuadGolden, 1965 (1994)
SectionS28, T3S, R70W
Elevation5675
SourceWillits Insurance Co. Map, 1878; Golden City Ordinances, 1904
Initialdate1998-10-16 00:00:00-06
PersonRJG
Latestdate1998-10-16 00:00:00-06
Person2RJG
HistoryGregory Street was named for famed gold discoverer John Hamilton Gregory, who had lived near Golden in the gold rush times. It was platted with the Golden Park Addition, and for many years was the northernmost opened street in Golden. Its name was changed by ordinance in 1904. Later, a circular street up Cemetery Hill above it was named Gregory Circle.
Active1
LifecyclestatusActive