Henry D. Calkins Reservoir


AddressW. 88th Ave. near Field St.
QuadArvada, 1957
SectionS27, 26 & 22, T2S, R69W, Water District #7
Elevationc. 5491
SourceDenver District Court Division II Proceedings, #60052, May 13, 1936; Westminister Citizens Advisory Committee,"History of Westminster, Colorado 1911-1961--50th Anniversary Edition;" State Engineer's "Water Rights Report," pp. 382-383, June 1989; Arvada Historical Society, "More Than Gold," p. 22; R.W. Gelder, "Map of Denver & Surroundings," 1915.
SeealsoCalkins Farm
Initialdate1995-01-11 00:00:00-07
PersonOFS
Latestdate1996-08-10 00:00:00-06
Person2OFS
HistoryClaimants May 13, 1936, of this Water District #7 reservoir were Richard Calkins and heirs of John S. and Henry A. Calkins. Construction started April 15, 1877, and was filled from Clear Creek, Little Dry Creek (Kelly Creek) and Ralston Creek via Farmers High Line Canal. In 1959 the City of Westminster acquired the rights to the lake. It was abandoned March 19, 1982, and water was transferred to Standley Lake for Westminster use. The original construction was done by Henry D. Calkins.
Active1
LifecyclestatusActive