Hill Section, Golden Hill Cemetery


Address12000 W. Colfax Ave., Lakewood
QuadFort Logan, 1965 (1994)
SourceDirectory of State Register Places, 1997, Colorado Historical Society.
Initialdate1999-01-10 00:00:00-07
PersonKER
Latestdate2012-12-17 00:00:00-07
Person2REL
HistoryThe West Side Benevolent Society, an independent Jewish mutual aid society, established the Golden Hill Cemetery in 1908. The Hill Section, along the northern edge of the property, was reserved for indigent Jews buried at community expense, suicides (restricted from the main portion of the cemetery according to Jewish custom), and tuberculosis patients from the Jewish Consumptive Relief Society (JCRS) sanitarium and hospital. Most of those interred in the Hill Section were tuberculosis victims. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places (5JF975) on July 31, 1995.
Active1
LifecyclestatusActive