Hocking, Joe House

Address601 Bear Creek Ln., Morrison, 80465
QuadMorrison, 1965 (1980)
SectionS35, T4S, R70W
SourceMorrison Historical Guide - research by Lorene Horton, 1975.
Initialdate1996-10-13 00:00:00-06
HistoryBuilt ca. 1872. Albert and Ena Rogers lived in this house. They had 10 or 11 children, who all went to the Morrison School about 1899 (census list of school children). Peter Christenson lived there also. It was rented to Grover and Nell Denbow about 1915, furnished, for $5 a month. Mrs. Rogers owned it all that time. Joe Hocking was the town marshal, a homesteader on Mt. Falcon, and a popular participant in rodeos.