Hoskinson Park


AddressCarr St. & Brooks Dr., Between Carr & Estes St., Arvada, 80004
QuadArvada, 1965 (1980)
SectionS10, T3S, R69W
Elevationc. 5363
SourceNorth Jeffco Files; Schwartzkopff, "Suburbanization of Arv ada.
OtherAlta Vista Subdivision, Annexation No. 216.
Initialdate1993-07-24 00:00:00-06
PersonMRL
Latestdate1994-08-01 00:00:00-06
Person2Keek
HistoryCity of Arvada leased land to North Jeffco Metropolitan Recreation and Park District to manage, maintain and control property for recreation and park purposes for a period of 99 years. The lease in Alta Vista Subdivision for 2.5 Acres was signed in February, 1958, and the park was developed by 1973. The park was named for Chet Hoskinson, who developed 256.5 acres of land west of Arvada following World War II. In the 60s and 70s he left further development to his brothers and entered into politics. He was elected to Arvada City Council in 1963, served as a Jefferson County Commissioner, and was appointed to a committee by Governor Lamm.
Active1
LifecyclestatusActive