Hudson Hotel


AddressOn Cty. Hwy. 126 at Buffalo Creek commuity
QuadPine, 1965 (1985)
SectionS6, T8S, R70W
Elevation6634
SourceLombard, "Buffalo Beginnings," p. 28.
Initialdate1994-05-09 00:00:00-06
PersonDWL
Latestdate2012-12-03 00:00:00-07
Person2REL
HistoryIt was built in early 1890s by J.A. Hudson with hopes that Buffalo Creek would become a popular tourist center on the narrow-gauge railroad that operated from Denver. A grocery was located on the first floor and an ice-cream parlor. On the lower floor was a barber shop and the hotel rooms were above. An early photograph shows a sign: Hotel Buena Vista. Records show that a Mr. Robb owned the hotel in 1942 when Al and Charlotte (Lottie) Ray purchased it and operated it summers until 1963. The property was purchased in 1972 by Teen Challenge of Colorado who changed it into a Christian School and Mountain Home for youth and operated it until middle 1980s when Teen Challenge moved their headquarters.
Active1
LifecyclestatusActive