Indian Hills Trading Post


Address5490 Parmalee Gulch Rd., Indian Hills 80454
QuadIndian Hills, 1966
SectionS16, T5S, R70W
Elevationc. 6500
SourceHistoric Building Inventory Record #5JF371, 1986, Colorado Historical Society.
SeealsoHo Cha Nee Stea, Chief's Inn
Initialdate1998-11-28 00:00:00-07
PersonKER
HistoryDesigned and built by Al Rigg, Jr., in 1923 for Denverite George W. Olinger, this rectangular log lodge has twin dormers on the second story and fronted by a large stone porch. The lodge was originally called Ho Cha Nee Stea, or Chief's Inn, and was the first stopping place for buses and cars bringing sightseers and prospective buyers to Indian Hills. In 1925, the first post office in Indian Hills opened in the structure with Frank Brinkhaus appointed postmaster.
Active1
LifecyclestatusActive