Jail House


Address119 Beckett Lane, Morrison, 80465
QuadMorrison, 1965 (1980)
SectionS35, T4S, R70W
Elevation5755
SourceMorrison Historical Guide - research by Lorene Horton, 1975.
Initialdate1995-12-30 00:00:00-07
PersonLLH
Latestdate2012-12-03 00:00:00-07
Person2REL
HistoryBuilt in 1884 by William Beckett, aided by Mr. Crosser. The jail was completely enclosed and is now just a room in the house. Mr. Palmer lived in the house until his late 70s and had spent 30 years building it from reclaimed material. All inside and outside walls are solid wood and are insulated with from 6" to 24" of spun glass taken from old refrigerators and stoves. All floors are made with hard oak. It is today an ingenious example of recycling, economy and practicality, which is typical of our Morrison pioneer ancestors.
Active1
LifecyclestatusActive