Jefferson Avenue Methodist Church


Address4425 Kipling St., Wheatridge 80033
QuadArvada, 1965 (1980)
SectionS21, T3S, R69W
Elevation5362
SourceWheat Ridge Historical Society Files; Church History.
Initialdate1994-05-11 00:00:00-06
PersonRSR
Latestdate1995-04-27 00:00:00-06
Person2RSR
HistoryThe church was named for the site, Jefferson Avenue, now 44th Avenue. Founded in 1891, they met in homes and Fruitdale School at first. In 1904 the church was built on the southeast corner of Jefferson Avenue and Howell (44th and Kipling). In 1960 a new church was built on the northwest corner of 44th and Kipling. This was a mission church of Wheat Ridge Methodist until 1949 when it was assigned its first full-time minister.
Active1
LifecyclestatusActive