|History||The new building for the Jefferson High School, grades 9-12, was completed in 1957. In 1955, when Edgewater and Mountair High Schools were combined into a single school, a vote of the student body renamed the school Jefferson High. When the new building opened in 1958, it carried the name Jefferson High. Triads were added in 1964, library additions were built in 1966 and 1972, and a girls' locker room was expanded in 1986. The school is named for Thomas Jefferson and Jefferson County.
According to former student Sid Martin, the school was opened in 1959, with his class being the first to attend all three grades (10-12).|