Kittredge School


Address26349 Hwy. 74, Kittredge, 80457
QuadEvergreen, 1965 (1979)
SectionS35, T4S, R71W
Elevation6820
SourceNadeau, "Kittredge, The Heart of Bear Creek Canyon".
Initialdate1994-04-27 00:00:00-06
PersonNFM
Latestdate1994-08-04 00:00:00-06
Person2Keek
HistoryFrom the Golden Globe of March 3, 1884: "District 3 election next May to vote for tax for new school building." The school was built, a red one-room frame structure. It was a school without a name, but finally the children chose the name "Sunnyside". Charles M. Kittredge donated land near the old school and was responsible for the construction of a new school by Justis Roehling in 1925. Classes were held there until 1964, when the Kittredge Elementary School Building was deeded to the Kittredge Community Church.
Active1
LifecyclestatusActive