Knolls’ House


Address215 S. Park Ave., Morrison, 80465
QuadMorrison, 1965 (1980)
SectionS35, T4S, R70W
Elevation5755
SourceMorrison Historical Guide - research by Lorene Horton, 1975.
Initialdate1996-08-10 00:00:00-06
PersonLLH
HistoryBuilt ca. 1888. Dr. Frank Luce lived here when he came from Denver in 1890. Around 1915 he moved to the house next door. Mrs. Effie Knolls lived here after she married James Knolls. Effie May's parents were Nancy Jane and James Groom. They came from Kentucky in a covered wagon. They had 12 children, and Effie was the eldest. She occupied the house until her death in 1961. Her husband James was a rock mason. He and Effie had 14 children. Their son, Edgar Knolls, drove the stage coach in Morrison, worked in the rock quarries, and had other jobs in the area.
Active1
LifecyclestatusActive