Knox Railroad


AddressRan from Deer Creek to Murphy Coal Mine, near Ralston Creek
QuadGolden, 1965 (1980)
SectionS9, T3S, R70W
Elevation6000
SourceArvada Historical Society, "More Than Gold," pp.6-87; Wilkins, "Colorado Railroads," pp.25, 34, 278 "Colorado Transcript'" or "Golden Globe," Feb. 27, 1878, for the procedure followed in the transfer of trackage.
OtherMurphy Coal Mine
Initialdate1997-09-22 00:00:00-06
PersonMRL
Latestdate2012-12-03 00:00:00-07
Person2REL
HistoryThis brief connection for the Golden and Ralston Railroad was established in 1878, on the west side of North Table mountain to Murphy Coal mine. To accommodate traffic originating on the "Knox Branch" the Colorado Central added a third narrow gauge rail north from Golden to Dry Creek. By 1880, the entire line from the Colorado Central connection to the Murphy Coal mine had been abandoned. It is not known why the Knox Railroad was named so.
Active1
LifecyclestatusActive