Koch Gulch

AddressOpens on Tucker Gulch from the N at site of Eight-Mile House
QuadRalston Buttes, 1965 (1971).
SectionS10&15, T3S, R71W
Elevationc. 7800-8000
SourceBurt & Berthoud 1860 Map, Quartz Mining Region of the Rocky Mountains; Interview, Martha Kock Kerbaugh, Grandaughter.
SeealsoGregory Road
Initialdate1994-05-16 00:00:00-06
Latestdate1996-09-09 00:00:00-06
HistoryAbout one mile long. Named for Ernest S. Koch who homesteaded in the gulch in 1862. The original buildings are in ruins, but the large red brick house c. 1900 is still standing. The road through Koch Gulch linked the original Gregory Road with Gregory Toll Road.