Little Bits Antiques

Address303 & 305 Bear Creek Ave., Morrison 80465
QuadMorrison, 1965 (1994)
SectionS35, T4S, R70W
Elevationc. 5750
SourceSite Form, Lorene Horton, Morrison Historical Committee of the Jefferson County Historical Society, Aug. 28, 1975, Hiwan Homestead Museum Library
Initialdate1998-07-16 00:00:00-06
HistoryBuilt of Morrison native stone c. 1880, this long rectangular building on Main Street (Bear Creek Avenue) has two front doors flanked with store front windows. It has housed a saloon, barbershop, and a drugstore. Mr. Hopper was the barber around 1910 and lived in the Tuttle's house at 107 Bear Creek Lane. Also, in front of the building was the first filling station, c. 1916, with one hand pump located on the sidewalk.