Lothrop Elementary School


AddressW. 80th Ave. & Carr St., Arvada
QuadArvada, 1950
SectionS27, T2S, R69W
Elevation5446
SourceJefferson County School Names Board; Arvada Historical Society, "More Than Gold," pp. 125-126; Olson, "Early Education in Colorado".
SeealsoLathrop Elementary School
Initialdate1992-06-02 00:00:00-06
PersonMRL
Latestdate1994-08-08 00:00:00-06
Person2Keek
HistoryThis District No. 23 school was named for W.C. Lothrop, who built the school with Henry D. Calkins somewhere between 1871 and 1875. Wilbur C. Lothrop was State Superintendent of Public Instruction in 1871. The structure was moved and converted into a temporary classroom in 1956.
Active1
LifecyclestatusActive