Loveland William House


Address1435 Harlan Lakewood
QuadFort Logan, 1965(1994)
SectionS1, T3S, R69W
SourceWilcox, Patricia K. "76 Centennial Stories of Lakewood, Colorado," 1976 p.20-21.
Initialdate1999-03-31 00:00:00-07
PersonKER
Latestdate2012-12-03 00:00:00-07
Person2REL
HistoryThis two-story, cross-gabled, brick house was built by William A. H. Loveland. Loveland was an entrepreneur that built one of the first stores in Golden. An incorporator of Golden and its first treasurer, he was also on the Board of trustees of Colorado Seminary (Denver Seminary) from 1874-1878 and a trustee and acting head of School of Mines. Loveland built the first wagon road up Clear Creek to the mines and began the Colorado Center Railroad in 1866.
Active1
LifecyclestatusActive