Lumberg Elementary


Address6705 W. 22nd Ave., Edgewater, CO 80214
QuadFort Logan, 1965 (1979)
SectionS36, T35, R69W
Elevation5400
Source"Arvada Sentinel," January 17, 1985; McDonald, "In Brief," (Allison, "Edgewater Four Score"); Interview with Marie Fox, Historian, 1992.
Initialdate1992-02-27 00:00:00-07
PersonLMF
Latestdate1994-11-14 00:00:00-07
Person2SJC
HistoryLumberg Elementary School was named for Harry H. Lumberg, who came to Colorado from Denmark in 1886 at age 14. He moved to Edgewater in 1906. The school for grades K-6 was constructed in 1955 and by 1961 had already added an extra classroom wing and a gym. From time to time temporary buildings were moved in as enrollment surged. A library was also added. In conjunction with the City of Edgewater's Park and Recreation Plan, the playground was totally re-landscaped in the mid 1980's. Drainage and playground equipment were installed in a park-like atmosphere that was open to the public.
Active1
LifecyclestatusActive