Maddox House


Address1006 12th St., Golden, 80401
QuadGolden, 1965
SectionS28,T3S, R70W
Elevation5600
SourceAbott, Dan, 12th Street Historic District," p. 34. Norman, Cathleen,"Golden Old and New," p.12. Interview, Kinghorn, Molly, current resident, March 1998.
Initialdate1998-03-30 00:00:00-07
PersonTSM
Latestdate2012-12-03 00:00:00-07
Person2REL
HistoryThis Edwardian Vernacular house was built for the Reverend R.W. Maddox in 1903 for $2,800. It has a round second floor window that looks over 12th Street. It was later owned by Frank and Laura Hills. Franklin was a chemist at the School of Mines. There is rumored to be the ghost of a seven-year-old boy in the basement.
Active1
LifecyclestatusActive