Medlen School


AddressSouth Turkey Creek Rd., Evergreen 80439
QuadIndian Hills, 1965 (1994)
SourceColorado Historical Society, "Directory of State Register Places," p. 96.
Initialdate1994-05-09 00:00:00-06
PersonJCG
Latestdate1998-12-08 00:00:00-07
Person2KER
HistoryThe Medlen School began in 1886 as a log structure. Around 1900, clapboard siding covered the logs and a small frame teacherage rose beside the school. The complex served as the educational and social focal point of the Medlen community until school consolidation forced its closure in 1952. Now used as the Turkey Creek Community Center. This property was placed on the State Register of Historic Places (5JF946) on March 8, 1995.
Active1
LifecyclestatusActive