Messiah Mountain


Address2 mi. S.E. of Evergreen 80439
QuadIndian Hills, 1965 (1980)
SectionS17&18, T5S, R70W
Elevation7000
SourceDitman and Brush, "Indian Hills," p. 58.
Initialdate1994-06-25 00:00:00-06
PersonJCG
Latestdate1994-11-07 00:00:00-07
Person2SJC
HistoryIn the 1940s Gamma Phi Beta purchased Stone Crest. It was used as a camp for needy girls. From 1957 to 1962 the camp was used for fall, winter, and second spring sessions by groups from Jefferson County schools. Ridge Home for Retarded Children used it in 1963. In 1969 the Messiah Lutheran Church purchased the property, renamed it Messiah Mountain, and uses it for continuing education and recreation for all age groups.
Active1
LifecyclestatusActive