Miller Gulch Wagon Road


Addresssouthwest of Buffalo Creek in Pike National Forst
QuadPine, 1954
SectionS2&3, T8S, R71W
Elevation7600-7100
SourceColorado Cultural Resources Survey #5JF508, 1989, CHS
Initialdate1998-12-20 00:00:00-07
PersonKER
Latestdate2012-12-03 00:00:00-07
Person2REL
HistorySite consists of a sunken track from a wagon road along the side of Miller Gulch. Remnants of wooden fence are visible in some areas. This route may have been used by J. Higginson in the 1860s to access his Wellington Lake Ranch from the North Fork if the South Platte River valley. From 1880 to 1920 the road was used to access habitations in the upper Miller Gulch Ranger Station.
Active1
LifecyclestatusActive