Morrison Uranium Mine


Address1/2 mile south of Turkey Creek at Soda Lake
QuadMorrison 1965 (1994)
SectionS1&12, T5S, R70W; S6&7, T5S, R69W
Source1955 Colorado Bureau of Mines Report; 1957 Colorado Bureau of Mines Report
Initialdate1998-11-04 00:00:00-07
PersonKER
Latestdate2012-12-03 00:00:00-07
Person2REL
History1957, Uranium Mine operated by Four Corners Uranium Corp. for 282 days with four men. Property owner Pallaro Ranch. The Morrison Mine is located on the east side of the Hog Back three miles south of Morrison. In 1955 the company sunk a 70-foot shaft to reach a body of ore 400 feet long and 60 feet wide located by drilling and core samples. A head frame and hoist was erected.
Active1
LifecyclestatusActive