|History||The Mount Falcon ruins are the remains of the summer home of John Brisben Walker. Located on a 1,490-acre site, the ruins dominate a property which was untouched since the mansion burned in 1918.
In 1909, John Brisben Walker built Mount Falcon, a handsome sandstone mansion, as a summer home for his family and as a place to entertain his friends. The mansion was situated on a spectacular location of over 7,000 feet overlooking a vast unspoiled acreage including a canyon that plummeted 1,500 feet below.
The basic plan of the building consisted of two one-story wings flanking a courtyard that faced south. Many of the design elements of the structure were similar to Frank Lloyd Wright's "Prairie" style of architecture.
Although the property was never landscaped, there were stables, a racetrack, a lookout tower, and green space for games. The grounds surrounding the mansion also contained Italian marble benches and other garden furniture in addition to a well head with elaborate wrought iron decoration. Mount Falcon was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1977.|