|Address||Golden Gate Canyon, Tucker Gulch, three miles west of Golden on Hwy. 58|
|Quad||Golden, 1965 (1994)|
|Section||S24, T3S, R71W|
|Source||1957;1958;1959;1962;1963;1964;1965;1971 Colorado Bureau of Mines Report|
|History||Uranium mine owned and operated by Leigh D. Ohman, until 1958 then owner Bessie Nare.
1962: Seven tons of ore valued at $385.50 are extracted. The vein was located on surface in fault area and a 25-foot shaft. The veins runs about 12 inches wide. 12-foot by 18-foot frame compressor hause and shop. All underground waste used for road fill.
1964: Production 6.9 tons valued at $808.50
1963: Shaft sunk 35 feet then drifted 17 feet to surface; five feet by seven feet drift runs east 100 feet and another northeast for 75 feet. Ore is taken out from a very small vein and is all hand cobbed.
1965: shaft down 40 feet.|