Nelson Meadows


QuadBlackhawk, 1972
SectionS13, T3S, R72W
SourceColorado Cultural Resources Survey # 5JF245, 1979, CHS
Initialdate1998-12-20 00:00:00-07
PersonKER
Latestdate2012-12-03 00:00:00-07
Person2REL
HistoryThe 50-foot by 30-foot grassy meadow area contains old farm equipment and a ramp structure. In 1874 the land was homesteaded by the Shankee family. The land had a berm used for potatoes, lettuce, and cattle grazing. In 1962 there was a peat moss mining operation located there. Remnants of the operation are a 20-foot by 12-foot by 11-foot 3-inch high ramp structure, a 3-foot 3-inch long metal scooper and a 4-foot 10-inch metal pulley.
Active1
LifecyclestatusActive