|Address||Washington Ave. and Sixth St., Golden 80401|
|Quad||Golden, 1965 (1994)|
|Section||S28, T3S, R70W|
|Source||Brown, Georgina, "The Shining Mountains," pp. 80-81; Wagenbach, Lorraine et al, "Golden: The 19th Century - A Colorado Chronicle," p. 86.|
|History||In the six years since the South School opened, Golden's population had escalated so much that by 1879 North School had to be added to the town. North School was built in 1879 on Washington Avenue and what is now Sixth Street. It was opened on March 6, 1880 for the first six grades only. Mrs. Gertrude Wheeler Bell (for whom Bell Junior High School at 1001 Ulysses Street is named) served for many years as the firm, but kind principal of the school. North School operated in the same location for the next 58 years.
In 1937, North School was purchased by Jefferson County. The ration boards of World War II were located there along with the Jefferson County Welfare Department. The building was condemned in July 1965. It was demolished to make way for the new freeway through Golden|