Philnor Pharmacy

Address11200 W. Colfax Ave, Lakewood
QuadFort Logan, 1965(1994)
SectionS4, T4S, R69W
SourceLakewood Colorado: An Illustrated Biography, Patricia Wilcox, 1994. The Lakewood Historical Society newsletter, Winter 2009.
Initialdate1999-04-07 00:00:00-06
Latestdate2017-06-26 00:00:00-06
HistoryNorris Bailey, home after the war, decided to enroll at Capitol Pharmacy College at the University of Denver on the GI Bill. After graduating he worked at Dixie Drug Store on Denver's Franklin Street. There he met another pharmacist named Elbert Phillips. The men decided to go into business together and bought land from Mrs. Olive Priest at Colfax and Quail Street. The decided to combine their names to become "Philnor", the grand opening was August 13, 1949. The original 1,500 square foot structure grew to 10,000 square feet. Bailey's two sons Norris Jr. and Thomas later ran the store.